If you are a business owner, you will know or relate to the fact that, ‘a happy work force is a productive work force’.
Creating a harmonious work environment is vital to getting the most out of your employees. By avoiding workplace tension, ensuring lines of communication remain open and transparent, and quickly dealing with any issues that arise, the foundation will be laid for a more successful and productive team environment.
However, most if not all organisations will experience workplace conflict at one time or another – this is often costly, time and resource intensive. But there is a solution; Mediation. Mediation is a non-adversarial, confidential form of resolving conflicts between work colleagues. It is used as an alternative to formal or legal processes. It is proven to help reduce absenteeism, increase productivity and aids in avoiding lengthy and time consuming management of grievances.
Here at Simpl3 HR, we understand the importance of mediation and how effective it can be for our clients. It is suitable for all manner of complaints and disagreements, including;
- Disagreements between employees
- Disagreements between Directors or Business Partners
- Allegations of bullying, harassment or discrimination
The benefits include:
- Efficient – It is a cost effective alternative to potentially losing a member of staff and/or having to respond to a claim
- Flexible – It doesn’t matter if you are at the beginning or the middle of a dispute, it can be utilised at any stage
- Effective – It allows an environment in which the parties to a disagreement each feel a fair conclusion has been found